Mindful Self-Compassion December Pop-Up Classes for Teens
with Cheryl Blackington, M.Ed.
Ages: 14 – 19
Dates: Tuesdays, December 4 – 18, 2018
Time: 6:45 – 7:45 pm
Location: Plainfield Library on 5 Mile NE
Find on Google Maps
In advance of my 8-week Mindful Self-Compassion course for Teens, I’ve had many requests from parents for sooner classes. In response to these requests, I have created these pop-ups. Please feel free to email or call with questions!
Reasons Why Your Teen Might Want to Check Out These Classes:
They are Stressed and Need some Help NOW!
They Don’t have Time to Take all Eight Classes In February and March
They Want to Take these three Classes and then also the 8 week class in February
They Feel Depressed and or Anxious
They’d like to learn how to take better care of themselves
They are just curious what this is all about!
Dates and Topics:
- Week One: Working With Anxiety: Noticing Thoughts and Practicing Gratitude
Tuesday December 4, 2018
- Understanding the Brain
- Using an Anchor Breath
- Ruminating and Catastrophic Thinking
- Practices to reduce Anxiety and Worry
- Gratitude: Soaking in the Good
- Week Two: Working with Freak Outs: Learning to Savor the Good
Tuesday December 11, 2018
- Noticing autopilot
- Reacting vs. Responding
- Thoughts are Just Thoughts
- Slowing Down and Savoring the Good
- Strengthening Positive Mind States
- Week Three: Working with Strong Emotions
Tuesday December 18, 2018
- Noticing our Reactive Minds
- Understanding Emotions are Normal
- Learning What to Do with Our Emotions
- Learning to Calm Oneself
- Strengthening Kindness
No experience necessary! We hope you will join us for an inquiry into the present moment with kindness and curiosity.