Fall 2018 Mindfulness Series for Middle School
Dates: Tuesdays, October 2 – January 29 (see specific dates and topics below)
Time: 5:30 – 6:30 pm
Age Range: 12 – 14
Single Class: $25
4-Class Pass: $95*
8-Class Pass: $190*
*Register by August 28th and receive $5 off a 4- or 8-class pass!
Location: Holistic Care Approach
3368 Beltline Ct. Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Find on Google Maps
Students will gain introductory skills in each class, and classes can certainly be taken more than once! Mindfulness is a journey – not a destination! The workshops have been designed specifically for 6th-8th grade students.
You may choose one class or a number of them!
Class dates and Themes:
(see teensjustbreathe.com for more details)
- October 2 – Working with Anxiety and Worry using Mindfulness
- October 16 – Mindful Eating
- October 23 – Using Mindfulness and Technology
- November 13 – Mindfulness and Performance-Based Activities: Sports, Music, and Drama
- November 27 – Common Teen Issues with Self-Compassion
- December 11 – Working with Strong Emotions
- January 15 – Mindful Test-Taking
- January 29 – Using Art and Music Mindfully
No experience necessary! We hope you will join us for an inquiry into the present moment with kindness and curiosity.