Mindful Parenting Introductory Workshop
with Cheryl Blackington, M.Ed.
Date: Tuesday, September 18, 2018
Time: 7:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Cost with Registered Teen: Free*
(*Teen must be pre-registered for 8-Week Course)
Cost without Registered Teen: $25/parent or $35 for both parents
Location: Holistic Care Approach
3368 Beltline Ct. Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Find on Google Maps
We have found that when parents understand what their children are learning, they are better able to support them. If your teen is interested in registering for one of our Mindful Stress Reduction or Mindful Self-Compassion classes, we highly recommend that you attend this Introductory Mindful Parenting Workshop to best support your teen and maybe even learn a practice or two to better support yourself.
During our 1 1/2-hour Workshop, Parents will learn:
- What Mindfulness is and how it leads to lifelong healthy habits
- How the teen brain impacts their daily life
- How to develop a personal mindfulness practice
- Understanding Self-Compassion
- Learning a Self-Compassion practice to support you as a parent
- Using Self-Compassion vs. Self-Esteem
No experience necessary! We hope you will join us for an inquiry into the present moment with kindness and curiosity.