Presence not Perfection: 3-Hour Workshop
Date: Saturday, October 6, 2018
Time: 1:30 – 4:30 pm
*Register by August 28th to save $5
Location: Holistic Care Approach
3368 Beltline Ct. Grand Rapids, MI 49525
Find on Google Maps
Mindful Parenting involves an ongoing creative process, not an end point. It involves intentionally bringing nonjudgmental awareness, as best we can, to the present moment. This includes becoming aware of our moods, thoughts, and body sensations. As we begin to learn to attune to our inner landscapes, we then do so for our children.
Our Mindful Parenting workshop will emphasize mindfulness skills that will help you gain clarity, step out of reactivity, and respond more effectively to the challenges (and joys) of parenting. You will also begin to cultivate a deep sense of compassion for yourself and all members of your family.
During our 3-hour Workshop, Parents will learn:
- How to practice mindfulness and mindful self-compassion
- How to take the parenting journey one moment at a time
- How to respond (as opposed to react) to parenting stress
- How to start over when you feel like you blew it
- How to build your own “emotional container”
No experience necessary! We hope you will join us for an inquiry into the present moment with kindness and curiosity.