Repeating MSC? – Save $100
Save Your Spot with a $100 Deposit
8-Week Class $425 Includes Materials
Respond to difficult moments with kindness, understanding and forgiveness, instead of self-criticism or self-hate. Cultivate self-compassion with mindfulness!
Mindful Self-Compassion combines the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion, providing a powerful tool for emotional resilience. Mindfulness is the first step in emotional healing—being able to turn toward and acknowledge our difficult thoughts and feelings (such as inadequacy, sadness, anger, confusion) with a spirit of openness and curiosity. Self-compassion involves responding to these difficult thoughts and feelings with kindness, sympathy and understanding so that we soothe and comfort ourselves when we’re hurting. Research has shown that self-compassion greatly enhances emotional wellbeing.
Based on the groundbreaking research of Kristin Neff and the clinical expertise of Christopher Germer, MSC teaches core principles and practices that enable you to open yourself to the present moment and feel connected to your world.
“The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change” Carl Rogers, On Becoming a Person
The three key components of self-compassion are self-kindness, a sense of common humanity, and balanced, mindful awareness.
- Kindness opens our hearts to suffering, so we can give ourselves what we need.
- Common humanity opens us to our essential interrelatedness, so that we know we aren’t alone.
- Mindfulness opens us to the present moment, so we can accept our experience with greater ease.
Together they comprise a state of warm-hearted, connected presence.
Learn Loving Kindness and More with the Mindful Self-Compassion Program
- Practice self-compassion in daily life
- Understand the empirically-supported benefits of self-compassion
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- Transform challenging relationships, old and new
- Manage caregiver fatigue
- Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
Mindful Self Compassion Class Details
Each of the eight weekly sessions lasts 2 ½ hours with one additional daylong session offered after the sixth week of the course. The daylong session provides participants the unique opportunity to incorporate all they have learned into an extended practice period. The next daylong session is February 19, 2017 at Holistic Care Approach.
Registration Information for Mindful Self Compassion
- Price includes practice CDs and workbook.
- Scholarships available. Please inquire here.
- Advanced registration is required.
8-Week Mindful Self Compassion Courses
with Carol Hendershot
Free Information Sessions:
Thursday, August 3 & 10, 6:30 pm at Women’s Health Center
Thursday, August 17, 6:30 pm at Women’s Health Center
Women’s Health Center
555 MidTowne NE, Lower Level Conference Room
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Call 616-361-3660 for more information.