New! Up to 26.5 Continuing Education
Credits for MSC Classes!
with April Hadley
Calling all K-12 Educators — Summer Teacher Special $50 Off!!
Early Sign Up $395 through August 10
Class Registration $435 beginning August 11
Repeating MSC – $100 Off
Taking a second GRCFM class – $50 Off
Discounts can’t be combined
Free Information Sessions:
Thursday, August 2 & 9, 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm – Women’s Health Center
August Class Schedule:
Thursdays, August 16 – October 4, 6:30 pm – 9:00 pm – Women’s Health Center
Includes one all day Retreat – Sunday, September 23, 9:50 am – 3:00 pm – Women’s Health Center
Respond to difficult moments with kindness, understanding and forgiveness, instead of self-criticism or self-hate. Cultivate self-compassion with mindfulness!
Mindful Self-Compassion (MSC), combines the skills of mindfulness and self-compassion, providing a powerful tool for emotional resilience. Mindfulness is the first step in emotional healing—being able to turn toward and acknowledge our difficult thoughts and feelings (such as inadequacy, sadness, anger, confusion) with a spirit of openness and curiosity. Self-compassion involves responding to these difficult thoughts and feelings with kindness, sympathy and understanding so that we soothe and comfort ourselves when we’re hurting. Research has shown that self-compassion greatly enhances emotional wellbeing.
Based on the groundbreaking research of Kristin Neff and the clinical expertise of Christopher Germer, MSC teaches core principles and practices that enable you to open yourself to the present moment and feel connected to your world.
“The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change” Carl Rogers, On Becoming a Person
The three key components of self-compassion are self-kindness, a sense of common humanity, and balanced, mindful awareness.
- Kindness opens our hearts to suffering, so we can give ourselves what we need.
- Common humanity opens us to our essential interrelatedness, so that we know we aren’t alone.
- Mindfulness opens us to the present moment, so we can accept our experience with greater ease.
Together they comprise a state of warm-hearted, connected presence.
Learn Loving Kindness and More with the Mindful Self-Compassion Program
- Practice self-compassion in daily life
- Understand the empirically-supported benefits of self-compassion
- Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
- Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
- Transform challenging relationships, old and new
- Manage caregiver fatigue
- Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
Mindful Self-Compassion Class Details
Each of the eight weekly sessions lasts 2 ½ hours with one additional daylong session offered after the sixth week of the course. The daylong session provides participants the unique opportunity to incorporate all they have learned into an extended practice period. The next daylong session is Sunday, September 23, 2018, 9:50 am – 3:00 pm, at Women’s Health Center.
- Price includes practice CDs and workbook
- Attendance at a Free Information Session is STRONGLY recommended. Go here for more info
- Scholarships available. Please inquire here
- Advanced registration is required
August Class Location:
Women’s Health Center
555 MidTowne NE
Lower Level Conference Room
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Find on Google Maps
Questions? Call 616-361-3660 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org