Eat for Life:Mindfulness Based Intuitive Eating for Healthcare Professionals
(CE/CPE Credit Only)
Marriage & Family Therapy
Lori Schermers, RD
Eat for Life Instructor
Learning Level: Introductory
Course Type: Live Program, to be purchased from Grand Rapids Center for Mindfulness
This non-diet approach to eating advocates acceptance of self and the body as the first step in making changes. Using a non-judgmental, compassionate approach, participants re-learn to use internal physical cues to guide what and when to eat.
- Describe Intuitive Eating
- Discuss the BASICS of mindful eating
- Describe the role of mindfulness in cultivating a mindful eating practice
- List common cognitive distortions that interfere with our ability to eat healthfully
- Summarize the three tenets of food wisdom
- List common barriers to being physically active, and ways to overcome them
Developed by Lynn Rossy PhD, author of ‘The Mindfulness-Based Eating Solution’ one of Mindful Magazines top ten Mindfulness books of 2016.
- Price includes practice CDs and a workbook
- Attendance at a Free Information Session is STRONGLY recommended. Go here for more info
- A limited number of scholarships are available. Please inquire here
- Advanced registration is required
The two books that are required for this course can be purchased through Amazon via the links below.