New! Up to 27.5 Continuing Education Credits for EFL Classes!
Eat for Life: Mindfulness-Based Intuitive Eating
with Lori Schermers RD
Stay Tuned.. Next session scheduled for October 2018
Eat for Life (EFL), s a mindfulness-based intuitive eating program that helps people have a healthy relationship with food and their bodies. Empirically validated to decrease binge eating while increasing body image, mindfulness, and intuitive eating.
Using mind-body practices such as meditation and yoga, learn to listen to the guidance of your body to improve health and well-being. This revolutionary 8-week educational program combines intuitive eating principles and mindfulness practice leading to rediscovery of pleasure in food, appreciation for your body (as it is) and decreases in problematic eating behavior.
This non-diet approach to eating advocates acceptance of self and the body as the first step in making changes. Using a non-judgmental, compassionate approach, participants re-learn to use internal physical cues to guide what and when to eat.
- Describe Intuitive Eating
- Discuss the BASICS of mindful eating
- Describe the role of mindfulness in cultivating a mindful eating practice
- List common cognitive distortions that interfere with our ability to eat healthfully
- Summarize the three tenets of food wisdom
- List common barriers to being physically active, and ways to overcome them
Developed by Lynn Rossy PhD, author of ‘The Mindfulness-Based Eating Solution’ one of Mindful Magazines top ten Mindfulness books of 2016.
Eat for Life Class Details
Each of the eight weekly sessions lasts 2 ½ hours with one additional daylong session offered after the sixth week of the course. The daylong session provides participants the unique opportunity to incorporate all they have learned into an extended practice period.
- Price includes practice CDs and a workbook
- Attendance at a Free Information Session is STRONGLY recommended. Go here for more info
- A limited number of scholarships are available. Please inquire here
- Advanced registration is required
Questions? Call us at 616.361.3660 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org