Eat for Life: Mindfulness-Based Intuitive Eating
with Lori Schermers RD
Early Sign Up $395 through October 19
Class Registration $435 beginning October 20
Repeating the same class – $100 Off
Taking a second GRCFM class – $50 Off
Discounts cannot be combined
Free Information Sessions:
Wednesday, October 10 or 17, 6:30 – 8 pm – Mindful Counseling GR
October Class Schedule:
Wednesdays, October 24 – December 12, 6:30 – 9 pm –Mindful Counseling GR
Includes one all day Retreat – Saturday, December 1, 9:30 am – 3:30 pm – Women’s Health Center
Eat for Life (EFL), s a mindfulness-based intuitive eating program that helps people have a healthy relationship with food and their bodies. Empirically validated to decrease binge eating while increasing body image, mindfulness, and intuitive eating.
Using mind-body practices such as meditation and yoga, learn to listen to the guidance of your body to improve health and well-being. This revolutionary 8-week educational program combines intuitive eating principles and mindfulness practice leading to rediscovery of pleasure in food, appreciation for your body (as it is) and decreases in problematic eating behavior.
This non-diet approach to eating advocates acceptance of self and the body as the first step in making changes. Using a non-judgmental, compassionate approach, participants re-learn to use internal physical cues to guide what and when to eat.
- Describe Intuitive Eating
- Discuss the BASICS of mindful eating
- Describe the role of mindfulness in cultivating a mindful eating practice
- List common cognitive distortions that interfere with our ability to eat healthfully
- Summarize the three tenets of food wisdom
- List common barriers to being physically active, and ways to overcome them
Developed by Lynn Rossy Ph.D., author of ‘The Mindfulness-Based Eating Solution’ one of Mindful Magazines top ten Mindfulness books of 2016.
Eat for Life Class Details
Each of the eight weekly sessions lasts 2 ½ hours with one additional daylong session offered after the sixth week of the course. The daylong session provides participants with the unique opportunity to incorporate all they have learned into an extended practice period.
- Price includes practice CDs and a workbook
- Attendance at a Free Information Session is STRONGLY recommended. Go here for more info
- A limited number of scholarships are available. Please inquire here
- Advanced registration is required
October Class Location:
Mindful Counseling GR
741 Kenmoor SE, Suite B
Grand Rapids, MI 49546
Find on Google Maps
Attention Healthcare Professionals: Earn up to 27.5 Continuing Education Credits for participation in EFL Classes!
Questions? Call us at 616.361.3660 or email us email@example.com